Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs & The Weirdest 15 Minutes

I feel obligated to warn people that something is definitely off this morning. In a span of 15 minutes the following odd events happened to me:

1. Driving my dogs to kennelwood. At stoplight, Hunter, the 3-legged dog, looks at the car behind us and begins to growl at the guy driving. Then suddenly he leaps from the backseat into my lap. He is trembling. I push him to the passenger seat and he is still shaking. He continues to look back at the car behind us. He finally stops shaking after the car passes us. Hunter, you should know is never scared.

2. Pull into Starbucks parking lot. Get out of car. Man in business suit; he is around 60 years old, I'd guess. He approaches me. Says, 'Dude, I like your dogs.' Thanks, I say. The compliment just didn't match up with the business man. And dude. Do I look like a dude? And aren't you too old/professional to use the word dude?

3. Drive to Kennelwood. Drop dogs off and as I am walking back to my car a man is standing in the parking lot. He says, 'Are you familiar with Seth McFarland?' I respond, sort of. 'Well, he is re-doing The Flinstones. He will ruin it.'

As I pull into the SCC parking lot, I am thinking that was the weirdest 15 minutes ever!

And then I remembered - Steve Jobs unfortunately died yesterday. That has to be the explanation! Right?

Steve Jobs is already working on improving the universe. I certainly hope so!

STEVE JOBS' POINTER:

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to to love what you do. . . Don't settle. "

No comments:

Post a Comment